The race starts & finishes at the Boy Scouts of America, Camp Shenandoah
• Beginning at the front corner of the Dining Hall, runners proceed across the field and exit the camp’s main entrance, following the gravel road
• At the far end of Hope Lake, runners proceed across the dam and spillway onto unnamed camp trail and follow to intersect with Elliott Knob Trail at 1.5 miles
• Follow Elliott Knob Trail over Little North Mountain to VA Rt. 42
• Crossing Rt. 42, proceed to FS #291 and follow to FS trail #657 (Falls Hollow); turn right on FS 1448.
• Follow FS 1448 to the summit of Elliott Knob (passing both north and south options for North Mtn Trail).
• Retrace course 3/10 mile and turn left on FS trail #443 (North Mtn Trail) proceeding north to SR 688 (Dry Branch Gap).
• Proceed straight on FS trail #485 (Crawford Mtn) to FS trail #489 (Chimney Hollow), turn left and follow to US 250.
• Cross 250 and follow FS trail #650 (Dowells Draft) to junction of Wild Oak Trail.
• Veering right, follow Wild Oak Trail loop (FS trail #716 counter-clockwise direction) over Hankey Mtn, Lookout Mtn, Grindstone Mtn, & Chestnut Ridge to Little Bald Knob.
• Turn Right and proceed north on FS 427 to FS 85.
• Turn Right, following FS 85 to spur road & Reddish Knob summit.
• Retrace course from summit and continue north on FS 85 to Briery Branch Gap.
• Turn around and retrace course back to Camp Shenandoah without summiting Reddish Knob & Elliott Knob on the return course.